Friday 30 August 2019

Update Week 1-6

Ramere 30 Here-turi-koka

Sorry I haven't updated for a while we have been doing a lot and I haven't had time to do my blog.  This is what I've been doing.


Planting at Mohiki gardens


At Mohiki gardens we did some planting.  I was in a pair with my friend Isaac.  It was a learning experience because that was one of my first times gardening.  We planted eight plants and we were really proud of ourselves.  I was really good at the digging and Isaac was great at packing in the plant with the dirt.


Life education


Life education was really cool.  We learnt about empathy and how we judge people just by looking at them.  It was interesting and I learnt a lot of new things and we also watched videos about a boy named Alex and about the choices he made and what his body was trying to tell him.  Harold also told us some Dad jokes and at the end we had a little karaoke party.


Market Day


We also had market day but sadly I had canoe polo.  We made 28 dollars but our profit between us was 2.00 each.  Because I wasn't here I'm going to talk about my canoe polo.  Canoe polo is a mix of netball and Kayaking.  We won 2 games out of 6 games.  I am very proud with our effort and happy that we won 2 games because we were playing against kids from high schools.  Here is a link to a canoe polo website.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canoe_polo

Winter Sports


We have finally finished winter sports and I am so happy.  My team was playing for first overall.  Sadly we lost and came second but I'm really happy with our result.  We played well and I enjoyed playing winter sports with all my friends.  I learnt new warm ups for netball and I also learnt a bit more about netball.

Service Day


For service day I made bird houses.  I helped Lewis and Lucano with their birdhouses before I did mine.  I only had 5 minutes left to do mine but I had help from the person from Miter 10.  Miter 10 was the one who gave us all the bird houses.  At the end we took a photo with all the bird houses and I got a little tool kit for putting others before me.  I'm considering buying my own bird house for me and my Dad to build because I enjoyed it so much.

Production


For the production we have been practising our song.  My song that I am doing is called Sats blues.  It was originally Pats blue but because the production is from britain they do Pats blues.  So Mrs Campbell changed it to Pats blues.  Also for the production I got a role for child 3 in scene 8.  It is a minor role and I have to speak in a very unusual voice.

We also have a new student teacher called Miss Jamieson.  She's really nice and fun.  Thank you for reading and sorry I haven't been on blogger for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment