Friday 20 September 2019

Weekly update Second to last week of term 3

Friday 20 September

This week has been very dramatic.  Literally.  We had our production yesterday (Thursday 19 September)  My voice still kind of hurt from me practicing the songs for the production on Wednesday.But turns out I didn't even need to.

The highlight of my week was being able to draw a massive version of Maui's brother.  He is very very very big.  I based it of one of the characters in a book called how Maui found his mother.  Why I drew a massive version of Maui's brother is because we have been studying maori myths and legends.  I have learnt a lot about what the maori people believe and that sometime the stories don't always make sense.
Image result for How maui found his mother

Something I am looking forward to is the school holidays!!!  Next week is the last week of school for term 3.  In the holidays I am going to my kayaking south islands and also having a playdate with Lexie.  I'm also excited because next term I start canoe polo and at school we are doing swimming lessons.  But there is no way I'm looking forward to athletic day.

What I thought about the production.  I wasn't there.  I was sick.  Even If I wasn't sick I wouldn't have been able to do the night show because I was at a Villa Maria thing.  So since I wasn't at the production I'm going to talk about what Villa Maria was like.  So first we said a prayer together and then me and all the other girls who are going to Villa Maria next year and the religious education teacher said the floor was lava and we had to stand on a mat.  They were really a bunch of mats put together and the teacher kept taking them away and we had to stand closer and closer together.  Then some year 12 and 13 students took us out to the drama room and we played some games.

That's about it for this week so I'll try to write next week but I make no promises.
Oh wait I forgot I'm planting some trees on Saturday 21 of September (Tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment